Pole Walking Polk Co., is recruiting healthy and social walkers to morph into Nordic pole walkers and join them in local non-competetive community walking events. The Instructor states 4 of her reasons:
1. Desiring the company of other like-minded health/recreation individuals in non-competitive charitable walks like 3K, 5K and 10K’s as well as supporting the community through these endeavors.
2. To promote Nordic Pole Walking in Polk County for the health, fitness and rehabilitative benefits as it enhances the walking experience and maximizes the workout of the participants.
3. To nourish the development of an active Nordic walking team of individuals enthusiastic for the sport.
4. To network neighboring Nordic walkers so everyone has someone to pole with (if desired) and to meet new people.
She lists 7 great offerings & perks to anyone who wishes to volunteer their time towards her endeavor but here are the top 2:
1. Free Nordic Walking Instruction – learn this fun, easy total-body, muscle-toning, calorie-burning outdoor physical activity from an Instructor of 6 yrs who has taught hundreds of individuals of varying ages, conditioning and health conditions.
2. Free use of training poles during Instruction,
In addition to the above mentioned benefits, there is also the possibility and likely benefit of improving your own fitness conditioning and health while enjoying the poling activities as well as making new friends and walking buddies.
The Instructor does have some requirements of the participants which she will provide to serious inquirers, however 2 of the requirements are:
1. A commitment of 3 hours of your time to learn the Beginner Basic Techniques
2. A commitment to participate in a minimum of 3 community walks (within 20 miles of Lakeland) in the year 2011, the first one being within 6 weeks of the instructional sessions
Instructor Lori clinch states she is willing to offer team training and the perks in other localities such as St. Pete's but would need a group of 8-10 individuals at one time for a 3 hour instructional workshop rather than 3 x 1 hr lessons, due to the distance to be traveled.
To express interest or ask for more information contact Lori Clinch at Phone: (863) 268-4404