Pole Walking Polk Co., is recruiting healthy and social walkers to morph into Nordic pole walkers and join them in local non-competetive community walking events. The Instructor states 4 of her reasons:
1. Desiring the company of other like-minded health/recreation individuals in non-competitive charitable walks like 3K, 5K and 10K’s as well as supporting the community through these endeavors.
2. To promote Nordic Pole Walking in Polk County for the health, fitness and rehabilitative benefits as it enhances the walking experience and maximizes the workout of the participants.
3. To nourish the development of an active Nordic walking team of individuals enthusiastic for the sport.
4. To network neighboring Nordic walkers so everyone has someone to pole with (if desired) and to meet new people.
She lists 7 great offerings & perks to anyone who wishes to volunteer their time towards her endeavor but here are the top 2:
1. Free Nordic Walking Instruction – learn this fun, easy total-body, muscle-toning, calorie-burning outdoor physical activity from an Instructor of 6 yrs who has taught hundreds of individuals of varying ages, conditioning and health conditions.
2. Free use of training poles during Instruction,
In addition to the above mentioned benefits, there is also the possibility and likely benefit of improving your own fitness conditioning and health while enjoying the poling activities as well as making new friends and walking buddies.
The Instructor does have some requirements of the participants which she will provide to serious inquirers, however 2 of the requirements are:
1. A commitment of 3 hours of your time to learn the Beginner Basic Techniques
2. A commitment to participate in a minimum of 3 community walks (within 20 miles of Lakeland) in the year 2011, the first one being within 6 weeks of the instructional sessions
Instructor Lori clinch states she is willing to offer team training and the perks in other localities such as St. Pete's but would need a group of 8-10 individuals at one time for a 3 hour instructional workshop rather than 3 x 1 hr lessons, due to the distance to be traveled.
To express interest or ask for more information contact Lori Clinch at Phone: (863) 268-4404
For many Americans, it is the pronouncement by their Physician stating: ‘You need to start exercising everyday’, that their walking regimen is initiated. While initially that daily ‘putting on the walking shoes and going out the door’ is an obligatory mandate because they have little to no choice if they wish to live independently or avoid major illness and debilitation or even more seriously: premature death, there is good news for them!
What is this good news?
Continue reading on Examiner.com: Three great incentives to begin walking those first steps - St. Petersburg Walking Fitness | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/walking-fitness-in-st-petersburg/three-great-incentives-to-begin-walking-those-first-steps#ixzz1EtH1Enz7
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
If you know of local walking events, I would like to list them here. Approximately Events 2 months out. Kindly email me at email@example.com with the Subject: Local Walking Event and I will post them here.
Kind Thanks & Regards,
Whether you're hoofing it for fitness or to help the environment, here are the most walking friendly locales in America and what makes them special, based on our annual survey with the American Podiatric Medical Association and Sperlings Best Places.
Lori is the author of several articles on natural health, nutrition and fitness. She wrote her first article 'The Vegetarian Athlete' in 2003 under the prompting of then Editor of Canada’s Healthy Living Guide, Sandra Tonn. Lori loves to read, research and write AND share her finds with individuals seeking to improve their health and vitality.